„Geprüfte Qualität – Bayern“
The Food Cluster supports the Bavarian quality and origin assurance programme "Geprüfte Qualität – Bayern" (Tested Quality – Bavaria). It wants to contribute to the following:
- Attract further agricultural producers and producer groups as well as system participants in order to generate sufficient supply quantities.
- Expand existing networks between producers, processors, and food retailers.
- Increase the development of the "communal catering" segment (canteens, refectories, etc.).
- Inform producers, processors, and retailers, in particular with regard to product areas not yet actively used.
- Inform consumers about the contents of services and the objectives of "Geprüfte Qualität – Bayern" (GQ-B) by educational work at the point of sale in cooperation with the food retail trade.
EU protection of origin for Bavarian specialities
As the first point of contact, the Food Cluster provides advice and support on the issue of protection of origin in the EU.
Since 1992, the EU has offered agricultural and food industry companies the opportunity to protect geographical designations such as Bavarian beer or Nürnberger Rostbratwürste (Nuremberg roast beef sausages). There are currently 30 Bavarian agricultural products and foodstuffs protected as "protected geographical indications (PGI)" or "protected designation of origin (PDO)".